Pages

Tuesday 20 August 2013

Changing School Hours


The idea of altering the time of starting school for intermediate students should be changed, in fact made earlier is in my opinion, as an intermediate student absolutely preposterous!


If school began at 8:30, (for me this would be ten minutes earlier than my current start time) what could be gained from this? Ten minutes a day, would that make much difference in a child's academic achievement? while I realised that that compounded ten minutes would end up being 50 minutes across a school week, those 50 minutes would actually have to be divided into a full week. So again I ask you would ten minutes make a difference in a intermediate childs learning?


A lot of students in my school catch the bus. Some of them get here just in time for the bell to ring. If they don’t have a bus that leaves around 20 minutes before 8:30 the child will be late to school.
Do you want your child to get to school late?
If I had a child I know that him/her coming late to school would affect their learning.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Vitor. I can see that you have thought about your work and extended on your ideas.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.